  Train kept a'rollin'...
  That voodoo that we do...
  Day off in Munich...
  Last day in Germany
  London today, LA tomorrow ...
  Looking at you from Lowell

4/11/00 - Dream Weekend

Hello Friends,

It is late Monday evening and we are all home from our weekend road trip to the East Coast. It went by like a dream.

We haven't been to Atlantic City since I don't know when and it was a real treat. The show had been sold out for weeks and the audience was ready to rock.

It was the night before Glen's birthday, but since we were in New Jersey we decided to surprise him with a cake a day early. His two lovely daughters wheeled it out and there was Glen, caught between parenthood and Rock Stardom. It was pretty cute.

Chuck Panozzo came for the weekend and Mark Weiss took more live shots. Look for those in the next couple of weeks.

The next morning we took a day drive to Connecticut and got to the venue just in time for soundcheck. There was just enough time to go to the hotel and shower, then go back to the gig and get ready to play. It was another fun night and I think we realized that we were seeing a lot of old friends we had not seen in a while. What a night! Glen got another birthday cake, just for good measure. And he never saw it coming--again. Before we knew it, we were on the bus headed for Verona, NY.

When we awoke the next morning at the hotel, we looked out the window to find the whole place shrouded in fresh fallen snow and it was COLD. None of us were expecting this. Just when you think it is over, old man winter comes back for an encore...

The show was unusually energetic, the audience very enthusiastic. It was a very intimate, great looking, great sounding room with not one bad seat in the house. We gave Glen ANOTHER cake during the show and this time he gave us some back, actually smeared it on all our faces. It got a little out of control... Don't even ask me about the little monkey that Lawrence produced during the last part of the acoustic set!

After showering and gathering our belongings, we got back on the bus and headed to New York City for a 5:30 AM call at Q104 in Manhattan. We were scheduled to be guest hosts for the whole 4 hour show. We pulled up in front of the studio on 6th Ave around 5:00 AM and everyone slowly rolled out and began shaking off the cob webs and seeing what kind of voices we had after 4 hours sleep. Actually, we all were in pretty good voice.

The folks at the station were great hosts and had food, juice and coffee there for us. Rudy's on 48th Street provided Taylor guitars. Thanks Rudy!

Next thing we knew we were into the morning radio show--reading the weather, promos, taking calls, performing "Unplugged" and basically doing whatever it took to keep the show going. Bob Buchman is an outstanding producer and he managed to keep the thing between the ditches with such ease and confidence, he made it look easy (believe me it was a challenge, but he and his staff never flinched).

Once we were finished, we all headed for either LaGuardia or Kennedy and headed to our respective homes.

And now that we are home, it all seems like a dream. One that we could have over and over again.

Thanks for the wild ride!

See you soon...

© 2000 STYX and ArtSite Design. All original photos in site design by MARK WEISS/ANGLES

Archived Website
www.styxworld.com
Changes made based on integrity of resources